The University of Pretoria Online Application 2023
Luminafrica.com uses this opportunity to congratulate you on your decision to study with the University of Pretoria.
The University of Pretoria (UP) is one of Africa’s top universities and the largest university in South Africa.
The University of Pretoria Online Application 2023 opens on 1st April 2022.
In this article, we will be giving you information on the dates, requirements, and eligibility for this application.
Opening Date for The University of Pretoria Online Application 2023
As mentioned earlier, the University of Pretoria Online Application 2023 will open on 1st April 2023.
It is also important to note that applications for admission into undergraduate programs for both South African and international citizens end on specific dates in the year preceding the year of study.
To avoid missing any deadline check the list of closing dates via this link UP Online Application Closing Dates 2023.
Requirements for University of Pretoria Online Application 2023
- You will need an internet access
- And you will also need an email address that you can access regularly because after submitting your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to the email address as confirmation of the receipt.
General Application Information
- The University of Pretoria Online Applications opens on 1 April of the year preceding the year of study.
- Every applicant must complete just one online application. The University offers a first and second choice in terms of what you wish to study for all applicants/ prospective students.
- Once your online application has been processed, you will receive a student number(EMPLID) via the email you filled in during your registration.
- Note: Receiving a student number (EMPLID) does NOT imply that you have been accepted by the University. The admission process is a separate evaluation that your application undergoes as prescribed by the faculty.
- It is advised that you complete your own online application. The University of Pretoria does not advise the use of representatives, agents, or agencies during the application process. If you choose to make use of representatives, agents or agencies, you do so at your own risk. It is of utmost importance that you provide your personal email and postal addresses to enable the University of Pretoria to communicate with you directly.
- Distance Education admission (Faculty of Education) applicants should visit the “Distance Education ” web page before they apply. Different rules are applicable to applicants.
- Note that should you wish to study the selection programs BSc(Arch)(Architecture) or BSc(Interior Architecture), you have to indicate them as your first choice on your application, or you will not be considered for these programs. It is also recommended to indicate the other selection programs as your first choice on the online application.
Application Fee for University of Pretoria Online Application 2023
Application Fee Waived:
- The application fees are waived for students who apply to study at the University if their household income is lower than or equal to R150 000 per annum.
- All online applicants must upload proof of income in STEP 12 of the online application process as proof of payment, to allow you to verify and apply your form. These documents will be verified after submission.
When the study application has been submitted, the applicant will need to pay an application fee of R300 (30 US Dollars) for 2023.
- Note that the application fees are non-refundable.
- For applicants whose household income is more than R150 000 per annum, use of the following payment options to complete your transaction:
- Online credit card payment as part of this application submission, Note: enter a valid credit card with sufficient funds and enter the correct details.
- Note that the online application system can only process payments that reference valid credit card (Master, Visa, American Express, or Diners Club) information, with sufficient funds.OR
- You can also use alternative mechanisms (e.g Electronic Funds Transfer or a Bank deposit) to pay the application fee into the University of Pretoria’s bank account.
The Bank account into which payments can be made:
Standard Bank: Hatfield Branch (011545)
Swift code for internationals: SBZAZAJJ
Account number: 012602604
- When making such deposits you should please quote your Online Study Application Number that would have been emailed to you as the payment reference (typically in the form T1234567).
- When making such deposits you must retain the proof of payment as you will be required to scan the proof of payment and upload this PDF file together with your other supporting documents. Please note! Your last steps would be to VERIFY and click on APPLY.
To apply for funding read University of Pretoria NSFAS Application 2023
Acceptance of Admission
If you get admitted conditionally or unconditionally, please visit the UP Portal ‘Student Centre’ to accept or reject the admission given to you.
If you want to make inquiries about the following, please email email@example.com or call 012 420 3111:
- If you did not receive any confirmation letter.
- That your status indicated “awaiting results” despite having already submitted your results as requested on your application form.
- About how you can change your study program.
- Be sure to state your name, surname, student number, ID number, and contact number in your email and give an outline of your inquiry.
- Check the correctness of your personal information as well as the status of your application on the UP Portal regularly.
Thank You!, I hope this article proved useful to you, for more enquiries, you can contact us @ Luminafrica
You can also visit the school website @ http://www.up.ac.za