Hello! The University of Witwatersrand Online Application 2022/2023 for the university programs, and even residence application have commenced.
On this post we will show you how to apply for study in this prestigious university. You can also reach out to us through the comments for inquiries and support.
University of Witwatersrand Online Application 2022/2023
You can apply online through the university official website @ http://www.wits.ac.za
Applicant can apply for a maximum of only three programmes (the order of does not really matter).
Should incase you apply for two programmes in a particular Faculty, you are advised to apply for the remaining one programme in a less restricted faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce or Science).
Try as much as possible to keep your options open, most especially if you are applying for programmes in Faculties like the Health Sciences or Engineering.
- Don’t enter the duration of the programme. That is, if you are applying to go into 1st year of study.
There’s a non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens, and R700 for foreign citizens, is required.
- For enquiries and assistance call the Wits Student Call Centre on +27 (0) 11 717 1888.
Closing Dates of University of Witwatersrand Online Application 2022/2023
It is important you note that all application are open. So therefore, the closing dates for applications are as follows:
- There is a non-refundable application fee of R100 for the citizens of the country
- For every foreign citizen, there’s a non-refundable application fee of R700
- All payments are to be made before the closing dates
- Use your Person Number or T Number as reference
How to pay
Exact amounts are to be deposited into the University’s Application Fee account below:
- Standard Bank, Account name: Wits University – Application Fees. Current Account Number: 200 346 385, Branch code: Braamfontein 004 805. CI Number 074A. (International payment swift code: SBZAZAJJ). Use your person/student number as a reference.
- Pay by cash or credit card at the Wits Fees Office, Ground Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House), Braamfontein Campus East, Jorissen Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa. Use your person/student number as the reference.
- EFT – Use your Person/Student number as the reference.
- Once you’ve completed the application and paid the fees, you will then, receive an email from the University acknowledging receipt of your application.
- The acknowledgment letter you will receive will contain your person number (which will become your student number), and a reference person that you can contact for any queries you may have.
- Correspondence records from the University will be available on the student self-service portal https://self-service.wits.ac.za
- You should continue to check the status of your application and to do items on the student self-service portal regularly.
- Be sure to keep your contact details up-to-date on self-service.
Whenever you need to check the correspondence generated on the Self Service Portal, go to the Main Menu > Self Service > Wits Student Self Service > Communication History
When you need to check your Application Status on the Self Service go to the Main Menu > Self Service > Student Centre > Admissions > View Academic Application Status.
Click here to see Wits University entry requirement